Life

Life

Monday, February 15, 2010

various sites and searches

Well, I'm really interested in trying out some of the new search engines that we learned about. Spezify was really cool because you can type any simple word or topic in the search box and tons of pages pop up and instead of links you can see what the sites sort of look like. Bonzo box was another one of my favorites because it's like a custom page of any webpages you want. It reminds me of a cooler version of bookmarks. you can make it into sites that you regularly visit, and that way you wouldn't have to remember the web addresses. I was not a huge fan of the web quests. In all honesty I think those would only be useful for older kids, and not for elementary. I just felt that there was too much going on, and it was a bit complicated. Web quest was probably my least favorite out of the sites we ventured to see. I'm definitely glad I got to see and explore the site, but I don't think I'll be using it by choice ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment