Life

Life

Monday, February 15, 2010

Spelling City


I love this site! This is an amazing site (finally) for elementary school kids! I feel like a lot of the stuff we've looked at could be wonderful tools to us, no doubt, but I also feel like they would all be more useful in an older grade rather than elementary grades. When I was exploring this site I fell in love with it instantly because it seems like such a fun class activity to all do together. Say you have a list of vocab. words for a certain chapter and you type all of those words into spelling city, you could create fun activities anywhere from word scramble to spelling bees, to spelling tests. This could be so much fun in a second or third grade class!
I've attached my idea, just as an example!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you liked this site. I have posted some sites for you to look at in my blog that you might like under 'middle and elementary school'. Plus check out some of the sites for week 8, hour 3. The tools that I have given you so far are for you to use as a teacher and they may seem that they are not accessible to elementary students but they may help you create materials, for the classroom, organize yourself, or communicate with parents. You can do a search of educational games and come up with a long list for students to use.

    ReplyDelete