Life

Life

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

lesson plans

Wow, this smart board app is so fun and you can get so creative with things. I just lost two of my lesson plans though, so that's really frustrating.. Other than that I haven't had any other issues with it. I really like it and I think this program can be incredibly useful for teachers!
The lesson plan I still have is one about math involving prime and composite numbers, and I think it's fun and upbeat for a possibly boring subject.

I checked out a few of the pre made lesson plans, and I really like the one that involved geography. Since I have to re-do two of mine, I think I like the geography with flags and other things better than the art one I had made about artists and other paintings.
Just by reviewing different math lessons made me want to do one, and that's why I chose math as one of my lessons. I liked what the various holiday math ones and game type math lessons were, but I wanted to do something for a tiny bit older kids, probably 6th or 7th graders, for when they're first learning about prime and composite numbers.
Th one titled count in 10 different languages was fun, and that inspired me to do one on spanish.. I was going to minor in spanish so I've taken a lot of it, but I have realized that I really don't like it and I could be doing something else just as useful, which is business. Anyways, I have realized that after many years of taking spanish, it's fun to be able to speak at least a little, so I thought it would be fun to create a basic spanish lesson that wasn't too much but taught some key things.
So, all in all, I really like the program and I really want to keep it when the trial is finished. Or, at least when I become a teacher.

1 comment:

  1. It takes time to create good lessons but if you make a few great ones every year and a few average ones eventually you will have lots to choose from. Students like the interaction and stay engaged when I use the toolkit tools. They really like playing "Who wants to be a millionaire". Anagrams and smack the teacher are big hits as well. Each of these allows me to promote review and reflection within and at the end of a lesson.

    ReplyDelete